Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog Post #1: Design

In order to convey a more casual tone, and make sure that the type would be readable, for my headers I chose a font with "average width stokes and lines". I wanted my blog to be easily read so I can better get my message across. I chose not to include an overbearing picture because my blog is about what I have to say, and that is where I wish to draw attention.

The font I chose to set the mood is blend of informal but yet still modern, as it has clean lines, but at the same time makes a bold statement, in a playful way. This choice always me to more easily set the mood of my blog, even before the reader absorbs a word! I chose a light blue hue to instigate a calming affect, because informality is best perceived in a relaxed setting. And, being that my house is currently not air-conditioned, it may have also been wishful thinking, since now its hot here! Even though the title brings to mind maybe stress, with the mention of the word "die", the contradiction very much carries my feeling through, because I at all times am stressed about the future, yet I am outwardly calm, for I know, everything is going to work out. This is not due to any other worldly being however, I know this only through my work ethic, I'll get it done, to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment